Missed the apple strudel from perth so try to bake one using peach. The taste is very nice, hehe!
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Saw my baking friends baked this cake and it looks so pretty, I also tempted to bake one to try. Thanks FM and cat gave the link for the recipe:
I have made some changes to the recipes.
100g butter, soften at room temperature
180g caster sugar
50g low fat yogurt
3 eggs, lightly beaten, room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon zest
210g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Strawberry, blueberry, peach
Grease the side of a 9" round pan or a 8" square pan and line the base with parchment paper.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter, sugar and yogurt till light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs gradually and beat till incorporated in the batter.
- Add vanilla extract and zest. Mix to combine.
- Sieve over flour and baking powder and mix till smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Arrange fruits on top, don’t press the fruits down into the batter. Decorate the fruits as desired.
- Bake in pre-heat oven at 180degC for 60-70 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the cake. Cover the top with foil in the last 15 mins of baking to prevent the top from getting over browned.
- Leave the cake to cool in the pan for about 5~10 mins. Unmold and transfer to wire rack to let cool completely. Dust the cake with some icing sugar if desired.
Thanks Happy Home Baker for sharing the recipe.
Saturday, July 10, 2010
This is the strawberry Shortcake I made after attending the class. My niece love the cake so much. But can see my standard is so much lower than the chef, hehe!
Friday, July 9, 2010
Thursday, July 8, 2010