Oct is a busy month as so many people birthday, hehe! Another niece birthday on Oct and make black forest cake again but try to make a 2 tiers cake. Over beat the whip cream so the cream become very watery and difficult to handle.
Happy birthday to Violet!
Recipe of Blackforest Cake from my creative culinaire Judy Koh but I modify a bit:
Cake Ingredient: (2 x 7 inch or 1 x 10 inch)
10 g Cocoa Powder
130g Cake Flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
70g Corn oil
5 Egg yolk
1/2 tsp Chocolate paste
5 Egg white
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
Method: (Preheat oven at 180c)
1. Mix the yolk, oil, water and paste together well.
2. Sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and mix into the yolk mixture till smooth.
3. Whisk the whites, cream of tartar till bubble foam then add in the sugar and whisk till stiff.
4. Fold in some white into the yolk mixture then pour it into the white mixture.
5. Bake at 180c for about 25 to 30 min.
Non dairy Whipping cream
50ml dark pitted cherries juice
1 tbsp of cornflour
2 tbsp of extra juice
1. Dissolve the cornflour into the 2 tbsp of extra juice.
2. Boil sugar and juice.
3. Add cornflour mixture. Cool. Add 1/2 tsp kirsh if desired.
4. Melted some chocolate.
5. Whisk some whip cream.
1. Slice the cake into 3 layers. Apply thin layer of whip cream over layer of cake. Then spreading cooled dark cherry fillings.
2. Arrange dark cherries on top.
3. Place a layer of cake, apply thin layer of whip cream then spread the melted chocolate.
4. Place a layer of cake on top then cream the whole cake with whip cream. Decorated it with shaved chocolate and strawberry.